Chinese Fonts — Fonts — SupportThe following recommendations are intended to help you to use the Chinese language on your PC.
I. Installation of the Arial Unicode MS Universal Font
In case you use a Microsoft Windows operating system and work with your documents in Microsoft Office package programmes, you may install the Arial Unicode MS universal font, which supports the Chinese language.
Installation of the Universal Font from the Microsoft Office 2000 Installation CD:
1. insert the installation disc Microsoft Office 2000, Disc 1 into CD-ROM drive;
2. if the disc does not start automatically, run setup.exe file from the disc root folder;
3. select the option Add or Remove Features;
4. select the option Office Shared Features from the menu displayed;
5. select the option International Support;
6. click the left button of the mouse to chose the item Universal Font;
7. select the option Start from Computer from the menu displayed;
8. click Refresh button;
9. follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
Once the installation of the font completed, your computer will support the Chinese language.
If you do not have the installation CD or use another version of Microsoft Office, you can download the Arial Unicode MS universal font from the site of the company Microsoft: www.microsoft.com/rus.
II. Installation of Additional Chinese Fonts
You can download additional Chinese True Type fonts from our site. The fonts may be downloaded in *.rar (requires WinRAR or another *.rar supporting programme to extract the file) and *.exe (a self-extracting archive, no additional programmes are required) formats.
||download (2 080 kB)
||download (2 181 kB)
||download (1 372 kB)
||download (1 473 kB)
||download (2 451 kB)
||download (2 552 kB)
||download (2 559 kB)
||download (2 729 kB)
||download (2 601 kB)
||download (2 702 kB)
1. download the font;
2. unpack the archive;
3. go to Control Panel;
4. open the Fonts folder;
5. open the File menu and select Install Font;
6. select the required disc from the list Disks;
7. in the field Folders select the folder to which the archive was extracted;
8. select the font required and click OK from the Font List.
III. Font Testing
1. open the document with the text in the Chinese language;
2. select the text if it is displayed incorrectly;
3. select the preinstalled Arial Unicode MS universal or any other Chinese font in the list Fonts.